Raise Awareness About the Poison Help Line
You can help spread the word about the important, life-saving Poison Help line (1-800-222-1222), which connects you to your local poison center. Having this number available by your phone can help you in a poison emergency.
On your phone
- Program the Poison Help line (1-800-222-1222), which connects you to your local poison center, into your cell phone and home phone so that you have it when necessary.
- Program the Poison Help line (1-800-222-1222) ringtone into your cell phone and your kids’ cell phones.
- Send a text message saying “Poison Help line 1-800-222-1222” to your friends and family and explain the importance of the Poison Help line. Encourage them to program it into their phones as well.
- E-mail your friends, family, and others in your community information about the Poison Help line (1-800-222-1222), which connects you to your local poison center.
- Download the Poison Help widgets and share them with your friends and family. The widgets provide useful information about poisonings.
- Share Poison Help with your friends by clicking the "Share" box on the top right corner of each page of this Web site. Using this tool you can post links on Facebook , MySpace and many other social media Web sites.
- If you are a blogger, write about the importance of the Poison Help line
(1-800-222-1222), which connects you to your local poison center, and share the Web site on your blog.
- If you are active on Twitter , tweet about the number and link to the , where everyone can learn more about poisons.
- Add the Poison Help line to all emergency contact lists, and make sure that babysitters and caregivers know where to find it.
- Place Poison Help magnets and stickers by phones or in other common areas. Knowing where to find the Poison Help line during an emergency will help you stay calm.